Classes may be by individual age groups (ages 4-12) or may be combined.
Combined groups will result in 5 categories overall and will be grouped as
- Ages 3-4
- Ages 5-6
- Ages 7-8
- Ages 9-10
- Ages 11-12
- EACH CONTESTANT MUST HAVE A PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S SIGNATURE ON THE PERMISSION SLIP.
- NEITHER SLED OPERATOR OR SPONSOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES TO PARTICIPANTS/BYSTANDERS.
- The contestant must be able to pedal tractor without assistance.
- All contestants must wear shoes.
- The pulling tractor must stay between the lines of the pulling lane. If the tractor leaves the lane, the pull is over and distance is measured to that point.
- Backing up or jerking is NOT allowed!
- Hands should remain on the steering wheel and feet should remain on the pedals at all times.
- Puller must stay seated at all times.
- If the forward momentum of the tractor stops, including foot slipping from the pedal, the pull is over.
- All pullers will utilize the tractors and sleds provided.
- In case of a tie, a pull-off will be held to determine the winner.
- Boys and girls will pull together.
- Every pull will be conducted as safely, fairly, and equally as possible.
- Sanctioned pulls will provided vouchers for the first and second place winners of each class which entitles the contestants to participate in the state pedal pull.
- Judges decision is final.